The state of Maharashtra, located in the Deccan part of the country is the birthplace to many great warriors and freedom fighters. There are also different interesting regions and locations where tourists can plan their vacations and spend their holiday with their family and friends.
Visiting Lonavala Khandala
This is one place where locals are known to visit during their holidays. As a matter of fact, being a hilly place surrounded by lush greenery and numerous interesting points to visit, tourists visiting Mumbai, do make it a point to visit Lonavla to enjoy its mesmerizing beauty and charm. There are indeed several places of interest here that should not be missed out during the trip.
Some Popular Point of Interest at Lonavla
- Duke’s Nose: It is really an amazing landmark which is sure to strike the eyes upon reaching the hilly region of Lonavala. The Duke’s nose structure is actually a large monolithic rock structure that pierces foggy clouds having a peculiar shape. The peak in local language is known as Nagphani, which means ‘Snake’s hood’.
- Maval, Takve Lake: This site boasts of being having the most significant activities in Maharashtra’s history. It is also the place, where Chattrapati Shivaji, the greatest Marathi warrior is known to have trained his army known as the Malvas to fight the mighty Mughals. Lake Takve offers amazing opportunity to the tourists to engage themselves in various types of water sports and other water adventure sports.
- Durshet: This region is located on the laps of Sahyadri range. It has been a popular weekend getaway among the locals. It is enclosed with lush green forests. There are several activities that can be undertaken during the trip.
- Pawna Dam: This place is located close to Lohagad, and is among the astonishing places to visit. Established on the river Pavna, this region is regarded to be a significant development with regards to agricultural produce. It is indeed the perfect place to have sheer pleasure without the hustle and bustle of the crowded city life.
- Ghangad – Tailbaila: It is a fort that is located amidst the Sahyadris. A lovely stream named Mulshi flows in this region. Located within Tamhini Ghat’s heart, the path towards the fort is quite simple. Two huge rocks gaps are present on the way to the post. Tailbaila is regarded to be a monolithic structure that has the shape of a cobra head.
- Rajmachi: This fort is regarded to be among the loveliest of all treks in entire Maharashtra and hence, visited by trekkers during different times of the year. It is also stated to be the real delight and pride of Sahyadri ranges. It is surrounded by unmatched, charming natural beauty. The green tenable slopes leading to the forts do provide the tourist with the opportunity to explore nature at its very best.
- Koraigad: It is still regarded to be a place that is left untouched by modernity and hence, is an offbeat place, offering a trek that is of world class. It does have a fabulous surrounding.
A well-planned trip to Lonavla Khandala (https://www.waytoindia.com/lonavala-khandala-tour-package) can be really interesting.